BDS’s 18″ Non-Lighted Windsock Frame. This model has a photo control unit for ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise (Dusk to Dawn operation) and a 120 volt FAA approved steady burn red top beacon/obstruction light.
The frame is a mechanical assembly with an outer ring for mounting the windsock. Delrin type bearing hubs permit the frame to rotate 360 degrees as wind direction changes.
Our standard windsock frame is 18” in diameter. 24” and 36” diameter frames are available on special order.
- Ditto Model WF18 except with a photo control unit for ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise (Dusk to Dawn operation) and a 120 volt FAA approved steady burn red top beacon/obstruction light. Top beacon/obstruction light is installed on mounting pipe above the windsock frame.
- FRAME assembly – 18″ standard diameter (24″ and 36″ frames available on special order).
- Heavy duty construction – 2 inch round PVC tubing with Delrin type bearing ends hubs, and 304 welded stainless steel. Top rain cap.
- Windsock mounting ring offset from main tubing assembly by approximately 11 inches (front to back – depth).
- A 1” NPT connection is on the bottom of frame assembly for connection to 1” or larger support piping supplied “by others”.
- A ¾” NPT connection is on the top of frame assembly for installing top beacon/obstruction light.
- Frame Weight: 6 pounds (2.72kg). Overall dimensions: 19.75 x 18.25 x 13.25 inches.
- Photo Control Unit automatically turns the light ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise (Dusk to Dawn operation). Plastic 2 gang box suitable for installation in wet locations(NEMA 3R Compliant) with terminal strips for connecting wires.
- Photo Control Unit: 1 pound (0.4536kg). Overall Dimensions: 5.63 x 5.0 x 2.5 inches.
- Specifications subject to change without notice.