BDS’s 18″ Non-Lighted Windsock Frame. This model has no photo control unit but a 120 volt FAA approved steady burn red LED top beacon/obstruction light.
The frame is a mechanical assembly with an outer ring for mounting the windsock. Delrin type bearing hubs permit the frame to rotate 360 degrees as wind direction changes.
Model WF18-DFAA can be supplied with an optional photo control unit for ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise (Dusk to Dawn operation) (see Model WF18-PCDFAA).
Our standard windsock frame is 18” in diameter. 24” and 36” diameter frames are available on special order.
- Ditto Model WF18 except with a 120 volt FAA approved steady burn red LED top beacon/obstruction light. Top beacon/obstruction light is installed on mounting pipe above windsock frame.
- FRAME assembly – 18″ standard diameter (24″ and 36″ frames available on special order).
- Heavy duty construction – 2 inch round PVC tubing with Delrin type bearing ends hubs, and 304 welded stainless steel. Top rain cap.
- Windsock mounting ring offset from main tubing assembly by approximately 11 inches (front to back – depth).
- A 1” NPT connection is on the bottom of frame assembly for connection to 1” or larger support piping supplied “by others”.
- A ¾” NPT connection is on the top of frame assembly for installing top beacon/obstruction light.
- Frame Weight: 6 pounds (2.72kg). Overall dimensions: 19.75 x 18.25 x 13.25 inches.
- Optional Photo Control Unit automatically turns the light ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise (Dusk to Dawn operation). Plastic 2 gang box suitable for installation in wet locations(NEMA 3R Compliant) with terminal strips for connecting wires.
- Optional Photo Control Unit: 1 pound (0.4536kg). Overall Dimensions: 5.63 x 5.0 x 2.5 inches.
- Specifications subject to change without notice.