BDS’s 18″ Non-Lighted Windsock Frame. This model has no photo control unit or top beacon/obstruction light.
The frame is a mechanical assembly with an outer ring for mounting the windsock. Delrin type bearing hubs permit the frame to rotate 360 degrees as wind direction changes.
Model WF18 can be supplied with an optional top beacon/obstruction light (see Model WF18-DFAA) or an optional top beacon/obstruction light with photo control unit for ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise (Dusk to Dawn operation) (see Model WF18-PCDFAA).
Our standard windsock frame is 18” in diameter. 24” and 36” diameter frames are available on special order.
- FRAME assembly – 18″ standard diameter (24″ and 36″ frames available on special order).
- Heavy duty construction – 2 inch round PVC tubing with Delrin type bearing ends hubs, and 304 welded stainless steel. Top rain cap.
- Windsock mounting ring offset from main tubing assembly by approximately 11 inches (front to back – depth).
- A 1” NPT connection is on the bottom of frame assembly for connection to 1” or larger support piping supplied “by others”.
- A ¾” NPT connection is on the top of frame assembly for an optional top beacon/obstruction light (see Model WF18-DFAA).
- Frame Weight: 6 pounds (2.72kg). Overall dimensions: 19.75 x 18.25 x 13.25 inches.
- Optional Photo Control Unit automatically turns the light ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise (Dusk to Dawn operation). Plastic 2 gang box suitable for installation in wet locations(NEMA 3R Compliant) with terminal strips for connecting wires.
- Optional Photo Control Unit: 1 pound (0.4536kg). Overall Dimensions: 5.63 x 5.0 x 2.5 inches.
- Specifications subject to change without notice.