SOLAR POWERED – BDS’s solar powered internally lighted windsock frame with 12 volt, linear super-bright white LED light assembly and no top beacon/obstruction light. Model 740SPLWF is used with our Model 740SPCU solar power control unit.
The frame is an electro-mechanical assembly with an outer ring for mounting the windsock. A 4 inch square tubing assembly houses the electronics and is used for mounting the LED light assembly. Delrin type bearing hubs permit the frame to rotate 360 degrees as wind direction changes. Electronics inside the tubing assembly transfers power to the windsock light assembly.
Our 740SP series systems have a 12 volt, linear super-bright white LED light assembly. The light assembly/bulb is ON whenever power is supplied from a power source. Different flash patterns are programmable on our 12 volt internally lighted windsock systems.
Model 740SPLWF can be supplied with an optional top beacon which is also solar powered (see Model 740SPLWF-CTB).
Our standard windsock frame is 18” in diameter. 24” and 36” diameter frames are available on special order.
- SOLAR POWERED.
- Model 740SPLWF is used with our Model 740SPCU solar power control unit.
- FRAME assembly – 18” standard diameter (24” and 36” frames available on special order).
- Light output SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) class 1 – LED’s life span better than 50,000 hours.
- 12 volt, linear super-bright white LED light assembly. LEDs shine into the mouth of the windsock.
- Windsock flash pattern set to steady burn. Other flash patterns are available. All flash patterns are field selectable.
- Special electronics are installed inside the frame’s tubing assembly to transfer power to the lights. No mercury used.
- Heavy duty construction – 4 inch square vinyl tubing with Delrin type bearing end hubs, and 304 welded stainless steel. Top rain cap.
- Windsock mounting ring offset from main tubing assembly by approximately 11 inches (front to back).
- Windsock light assembly mounts on center tubing assembly and does not restrict air flow.
- Ten (10) feet of interconnect wiring is supplied from windsock light to Control Unit.
- A 1” NPT connection is on the bottom of frame assembly for connection to 1” or larger support pipe supplied by others.
- A ¾” NPT connection is on the top of frame assembly for an optional top beacon/obstruction light (see Model 740SPLWF-CTB).
- Weight: 9 pounds (4.08kg).
- Specifications subject to change without notice.