SOLAR POWERED – BDS’s solar powered internally lighted windsock frame with 12 volt, linear super-bright white LED light assembly and solar powered LED top beacon/obstruction light. Model 740SPLWF-CTB is used with our Model 740SPCU solar power control unit.
The frame is an electro-mechanical assembly with an outer ring for mounting the windsock. A 4 inch square tubing assembly houses the electronics and is used for mounting the LED light assembly. Delrin type bearing hubs permit the frame to rotate 360 degrees as wind direction changes. Electronics inside the tubing assembly transfers power to the windsock light assembly.
Our 740SP series systems have a 12 volt, linear super-bright white LED light assembly. The light assembly/bulb is ON whenever power is supplied from a power source. Different flash patterns are programmable on our 12 volt internally lighted windsock systems.
Model 740SPLWF-CTB is supplied with a top beacon/obstruction light which is also solar powered.
Our standard windsock frame is 18” in diameter. 24” and 36” diameter frames are available on special order.
- Ditto Model 740SPLWF except with a 12 volt solar powered red LED top beacon/obstruction light. The top beacon/obstruction light is by default set to steady burn. Several different flash patterns are available and can be field programmed. Top beacon/obstruction light is installed on BDS base plate assembly above the windsock frame.
- SOLAR POWERED
- Model 740SPLWF-CTB is used with our Model 740SPCU solar power control unit.
- FRAME assembly – 18” standard diameter (24” and 36” frames available on special order).
- Light output SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) class 1 – LED’s life span better than 50,000 hours.
- 12 volt, linear super-bright white LED light assembly. LEDs shine into the mouth of the windsock.
- Windsock flash pattern set to steady burn. Other flash patterns are available. All flash patterns are field selectable.
- Special electronics are installed inside the frame’s tubing assembly to transfer power to the lights. No mercury used.
- Heavy duty construction – 4 inch square vinyl tubing with Delrin type bearing end hubs, and 304 welded stainless steel. Top rain cap.
- Windsock mounting ring offset from main tubing assembly by approximately 11 inches (front to back).
- Windsock light assembly mounts on center tubing assembly and does not restrict air flow.
- Ten (10) feet of interconnect wiring is supplied from windsock light to Control Unit.
- A 1” NPT connection is on the bottom of frame assembly for connection to 1” or larger support pipe supplied by others.
- A ¾” NPT connection is on the top of frame assembly for installing the top beacon/obstruction light.
- Weight: 9 pounds (4.08kg).
- Specifications subject to change without notice.