Lighted Windsocks for 24/7 wind direction and speed
BDS Systems’ excellence in engineering, innovative design, craftsmanship and durability in each internally lighted, externally lighted and non-lighted windsock frame is why aviation, industry and government agencies around the globe trust BDS for their safety and information needs.
BDS Product Line
BDS Windsock Applications
BDS Markets Served
Our New York City 30th Street heliport has tall buildings on one side and the Hudson River on the other, creating very unpredictable and often extreme wind conditions. To ensure the safety of our pilots and passengers, we installed a BDS Internally Lighted Windsock System over 15 years ago. The lighted windsock reliably rotates 360 degrees and its bright orange, non-glaring glow is highly visible, providing dependable and accurate wind indication. The superior quality of BDS products and excellent customer service are why we depend on BDS Systems for all our windsock needs
BDS windsock frames are made with the highest quality materials and most durable engineering in the industry
- Manufactured in the USA.
- Highly corrosive-resistant materials to withstand the harshest land and sea conditions.
- Made with 304 and 316 welded stainless steel framing, PVC housing body, and a unique Delrin ball bearing which is only available on our BDS windsock frames.
- BDS internally lighted windsocks provide brighter illumination and minimize glare for superior safety and energy efficiency.
- Our internally lighted windsock frames shine ultra-bright LEDs directly into the opening of the windsock giving a “glow in the dark” appearance.
BDS Model 740LWF-DFAA (12 volt internally lighted windsock frame with steady burn FAA approved top beacon).
BDS international orange windsocks are made for long-term durability and performance
- Made in the USA.
- Made of premium nylon, the best material for making the windsock responsive to all wind conditions.
- Treated with water repellent and UV inhibitors for long-term durability and anti-fading.
- Evenly spaced brass grommets (more than our competitors) to allow for the windsock to be attached to the windsock frame with tie wraps we provide.
- FAA approved.
- International Orange.